https://ccgcreates.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/golf-blog-banner.png 1260 2240 Marley Niesz https://ccgcreates.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/CCG-DCG-color.png Marley Niesz2022-03-01 15:45:362022-03-01 15:45:37CCG’s 10 Tips for an Outstanding Golf Tournament
CCG’s 10 Tips for an Outstanding Golf Tournament
Spring is right around the corner, and that means corporate golf tournaments are on the horizon. Did you know that in 2021 the number of rounds of golf played were up 16.1% compared to the year prior? Golf tournaments are an excellent way to showcase your brand, advertise to prospective customers, or fundraise for a great cause. CCG has a step-by-step guide to plan and host a memorable golf tournament, and we’ve summarized it below in these 10 easy steps.
- Give yourself plenty of time to plan. Start goals and budgeting 9-12 months in advance and follow up with logistics like ordering prizes and booking sponsors a few months prior. Finalize everything a few weeks beforehand to ensure a stress-free day!
- Set up a full team to plan and execute the event and delegate tasks, whether that be marketing, budgeting, sponsorships, etc. Golf tournaments don’t come together overnight!
- Harness the power of sponsors to cover expenses. Sponsorships are a great way to keep costs down, add fun, and garner participation from the community. Sponsors can fund everything from small giveaways all the way up to a full cocktail reception.
- Include a free giveaway for participants who have registered as a foursome. Don’t overthink it—branded golf balls or towels are gifts every golfer can use.
- Add excitement to the event with contests. Easy ideas include hole-in-one, long drive, putting and closest to the pin competitions. The winners receive fun prizes!
- Include a pop-up shop to elevate the event and provide players with the opportunity to purchase golf apparel, equipment, and more. Some companies will even send a golf professional to speak with players and offer guidance.
- Host a silent auction or raffle as part of the event to attract participants. These are a great opportunity to raise funds and often times, sponsors will donate the items—a win for everyone!
- Offer free food and beverages to participants. Golf tournaments can be long, and in the heat, nourishment is a necessity!
- Make sure there are plenty of volunteers the day of the tournament to help set up, take down, and keep the event running smoothly in between. Don’t forget to use wayfinding signage to guide players as well.
- Get outside and have fun!
Read the full guide here and contact your CCG rep today to start planning your golf tournament today!
By Marley Niesz